Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My kids are poets and I didn't know its.

Most years, the kids make bound books at the elementary school.  I was super impressed this year by how well they did.  I have great kids. 

This is Annie's.

Okay, so it wasn't a poem, she is still pretty cute.  And now you know more about her and that she likes both kind of enchiladas.   Fancy that.


Here is James' poem.  I thought is was fitting since we snowed and hailed yesterday.  Ugggg.

 Isn't James so right?  I wish we could be in Hawaii right now, I could go for ice cream on the beach. 

And here is Cassie's.  I am sorry to say, it made me cry.
Did I cry just because I am her mom or did the rest of my family cry too?  Mom, 3 more months until you make us some milkshakes, right?  But you are going to have to work on the hottub at your new house.

I loved this poem because it is so true.  This is her life. 

Alright, there you have it.  I have tons of pictures to blog, but I have a window of opportunity to get some cleaning done, so it is going to have to wait.  Sorry, I know you were excited to see the kids easter outfits and photos from spring break, but just read the poems again and that will have to do. 

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Great poems! We loved all of them. However, both Dad and I are crying. It's not just you! Cassie's poem hit our hearts! Three more months and it is milkshake time. Not sure about the hot tub unless the tub in the master bathroom counts! :)

Stephanie said...

Those are nice poems, I especially like Cassie's since it seems to tell about her life. I can see why it made you cry.

Claudine said...

I looked at you comment about crying before reading Cassie's, and thought--you are such a sappy mom! Then I read it and I am having a hard time typing cause I can't see the screen!! Wow!! Did NOT need that this morning!! :0) Annie's was cute with the favorite book thing. Those are pretty cute!! And yes...I could go for some ice cream on the beach too!